Thursday, October 24, 2013

Our last day in Xiamen

I will keep this short. We visited two more places on Sunday - our last day in Xiamen

1. Yuan ber yuan - worlds park where there are structures representing every province plus structures representing some key countries around the world. Would have been awesome to run here as its huge and beautiful. Of course I took more goofy pictures. ;-)

2. The tomb of a famous person with the last name of chen. He returned from study's overseas and donated $100m back in the 1950 to build two schools in Xiamen and contribute to building the city. Even in his death he didn't want to displace anyone's land with his tomb so he requested to have part of the sea filled with dirt to built his tomb.

After that is us at the airport waiting for our flight. Overall a great 5 day trip. My dad hope to do this every six months. Realistically it probably happen once a year but still that would be great. My mom really enjoy it as did all my relatives plus my cousin and I. This would an awesome tradition. Hopefully jaime can join next time too.

No comments: