Friday, October 11, 2013

My adventure to shanghai

I know I am a little behind on my updates. Will do the latest first. Today I took the bullet train to shanghai. It was surprising comfortable. I even napped a little.

It took 45 min to get to Tianjin west station and then 5 hours by train and now I am sitting in my friend car to the hotel. My friend judy was kind enough to send her driver to pick me up in shanghai. ;-)

What I liked about the train ride
- clean and really on time. Even the bathroom was clean.
- Smooth and fast. It felt like someone swaying me while I napped.
- served hot lunch pretty good although expensive for Chinese standards. Also have hot water you can serve yourself.
- happened to sit next to a nice business man who helped me with my luggage. He worked at Tianjin tax authority and also has a second accounting job in shanghai for GT and GE. His last name happen to also be Han. What a small world!

All in all a good experience so far

No comments: