Thursday, October 3, 2013

A smooth flight and arrival to Beijing

While it was hard to leave the kids for this trip, I am glad to be going to china to visit my relatives and hang with my parents.

My flight was better than expected. At first, I wasn't so sure as the flight attendant rudely interrupted me as I was watching a movie on my phone. Apparently phones with airplane mode is not allowed as air china since the phone can still make emergency calls.

I was bummed since I opted to bring only my phone for entertainment - my kindle books and movies are all on it. Well it turned out to be a blessing as I ended up sleeping a total of four hours instead and had time to talk to my neighbor a bit more.

Once I arrived, customs and luggage pick up was very smooth - no lines and took only 35 min. I was impressed. I found my cousin Guo Ting right away although I haven't seen him in 18 years.

And literally saw my namesake cafe - Lei cafe see photo at the exit. It's a sign. It's already a great trip.:-)

Lei

No comments: