Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bullet train to Tianjin

I decided to leave Beijing a day early since my cousin weiwei and uncle need to pick up my parent tomorrow at Beijing airport. If they also have to pick me up, it would be too much work for them.

Luckily Sheraton was super cool about it and said I will get the extra points back for that night.

Now the adventure to get to Tianjin begins. First a taxi from hotel to the train station prove to be super easy. No traffic and was there in 25 min. I was dropped curbside and literally 1 min from the ticket counter (unlike what my dad thought)

Wow the train station looks completely like an airport with English and Chinese direction everywhere. I got the ticket so fast that I totally forgot to take a picture. I got the 1230 train, which gives me 20 min to get through check in and sit down.

Everything was super smooth. Even the gate part which was a little chaotic wasn't bad.

I am now sitting in the bullet train which will only take 30 min to Tianjin. Amazing. At least I remember to take a photo and off we go a min before schedule. Awesome!

Also chivalry is alive and well. I asked the man sitting next to me to help me out both luggage up above me and he did it without question. I am impressed.

As I write this, we are already almost half way there. I will be meeting my uncle at the subway area once i get there and take the subway then cab home.

I left the hotel at 1140. I estimate getting home around 140 for a late yummy lunch. Yay! ;-)

Lei

No comments: