Saturday, October 12, 2013

My impression of shanghai.

So far I like it. The streets are clean and there are a big varieties of shops from very fancy brands to the very local stores and restaurants.

I think I may even like it better than Beijing. It seems more intimate and interesting with different district having different characters. It also seems more cosmopolitan.

The pollution however is still not great. While the air seems better than Tianjin and Beijing, my eyes still stung a bit after a 3 hour walk around the neighborhood.

Here are some photos of the streets from a huge kids store (like a macys but for kids) to whole sale market with bargain basement price to street vendor of Dorian and local living including a guy who is napping at 2pm on a couch in front of his store. Shanghai so far has been colorful and a feast for the eyes.

All this and I haven't even been to the bund yet. Will go tomorrow.

No comments: