Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Family time and dinners with cousin Peng family

The best part of my trip is really spending time with family. My cousin zhao Peng and I grew up together as kids in china. I can't believe now he is a father of two kids and a big time investor in Beijing. To me, he will still forever be my little brother although he is so very capable and grown.

I had a chance to spend two nights with him and his wife, kids and his mom. He has two kids Emma, 7.5 years old and David 5 years old. When Emma was 4 months old I went to visit her for a few days in Chicago. Zhao Peng was getting his JD MBA from Kellogg (smarty pants, I know). I still have fond memories as she was adorable and still is now. Back then, it was because of her that I really want to have a girl just like her. Now I have two. ;-)

Anyways, back to my trip, they took me to a nice Korean place sat night. It was delicious, huge place and pretty authentic. Afterwards I got a chance to play some games I brought with Emma and David. It was so nice to just hang out and have a family game night. Emma is so big now and can read a ton of Chinese characters. David is very spirited as a boy would be.

Sunday I was in for a treat as my auntie (peng mom) made dumplings from scratch for dinner. I was amazed how many the kids ate. I also ate a lot as well. The skin and inside was perfect. Yeah I am going to gain weight this trip. It will be worth it. ;-)

I am so happy I booked my hotel near my cousin house. It's been 3 years since I have seen them and I am so glad we are still close. I hope they will spend a month in sf next summer that my kids can play with theirs.

Lei

No comments: