Friday, June 24, 2011

My 6 meal diet per day

May 26, 2011 - 9 weeks and 2 days (size of a grape)

my solution to fight nausea and vomiting - eating 6 or 7 small meals a day.  here is a sample

8:30am - thin toast with fried egg and fried pancetta or thin toast with 2-3 boiled eggs and soy sauce (love the yolk and not so much of the whites)
10:30am - fresh turkey sandwich (half) from Lee's or pesto chicken half sandwich from sellers market
12:30pm - Naan with chicken tika masala (i love naan and something spicy) or rice with steamed cod fish 
3pm - other half of the sandwich or tacos or sth
4pm - nap (an hour or so) I am always exhausted by this time and nauseous, so sleeping helps a bit
5:30pm - eat some snack - left overs or sth
7pm - eat light dinner (anything with meat and starch - not too into seafood or veggies)
9pm - sometimes will eat a little instant noodles with a egg yolk.  just a little to be full enough to sleep
9:45pm - asleep 

Between 3pm and 9pm is the worst time, usually sour stomach or nausea - my taste buds these days are completely shot.  for someone who really enjoy food, this is a slow torture that I am just accepting now as a temporary thing - about 4.5 weeks more :-(.  I am using work and TV to distract me.  At my co-working space, no one knows I am pregnant so I have to act normal and focus my mind on work when I eat and sometimes plans lunch dates so I can distract myself.  I usually get home at 4pm to nap and then eat while watching a good show helps me just shove food down.   Some people don't eat at all in first trimester.  I can't do that.  If I don't eat, I am more likely to vomit and then it is really painful because there is nothing there to throw up - I don't recommend it.  I rather eat and throw up - more productive haha.  I have to laugh to get through.

Well, this six meal diet has been working - no vomiting for 5 days straight. wow.  pretty awesome.  Still counting the days when I can taste food again.

- Lei


No comments: