Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grounded

April 20, 2011 - 4 weeks

Since I can't publicize this news until late June, I thought I still put down some of the events between now and then for future consumption :-)

I really was sure I was not. I checked on April 13, negative, and again April 17, 18th, still negative. So I told Judy we are a go and we reserved flight tickets and hotel in Miami for weekend of May 14th.

Everything changed though on April 19th when I came home and noticed the stick I discarded in the trash was facing up and had two lines on it. I took another test that morning April 19th and only waited for 30 seconds. No second line, so I threw it away in frustration. I thought perhaps now there is a second line becoz it's just been there too long, so I reread the instructions - two lines means positive even if the second line is faint. No, it couldn't be I thought. I have just been telling people in the last two days that I am not and it's just late.

So on Tuesday April 19th evening, I took another test - again two lines after about 2 minutes. I thought perhaps the test is faulty. Too bad it's past 9pm. Have to wait until Wed morning to buy the EPT one from Safeway to confirm. 8:30am Wed morning, got the test, peed on the stick, a + sign within 30 seconds. Well, it's official. I am PREGNANT! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Unfortunately, no more Miami in mid May. given I had pretty bad nausea last time, I didn't want to fly there and be a party pooper. So we cancelled the flight and hotel today Wed April 20. At least it was early enough and we were not charged any fees. oh well, looks like I am grounded for a bit. :-)

- Lei

No comments: