Monday, June 27, 2011

First Trimester - summarize - what a journey

June 22, 2011 - 14 weeks pregnant (size of a lemon)

4-6 weeks - elation
  • surprised by the + sign.  I was certain I was NOT preggie and even booked a trip to miami.  this was a good reason to cancel
  • not feeling any effect of the pregnancy Yeepy - hoping this time I will be less sick 
  • told both of our parents on Easter (skyped my parents and gave Jaime's parents an Easter Egg with a baby message).  They were so happy
6-10 weeks - Yuck
  • nausea, vomiting, more nausea and so TIRED.  sleeping 9 hours a day and naps 1-2 hours
  • all food taste horrible. yuck.  sweets, even fruit left a bad taste.
  • clothes are tight already so wearing sweat pants or pregnancy stuff 
  • TV was my friend so I can watch something and eat at the same time (my own MATRIX)
  • first OB appt gave me some hope
  • developed a routine to eat 6 meals a day and get Jaime to help with decisions about food.  better to eat and then puke than not eat at all.
  • only saving grace was boobs.  I immediately grew in size.  Jaime was happy 
10-12 weeks - anticipation
  • started enjoying fruits again - a blessing
  • CVS appt - a little painful and very tiring
  • more nausea less vomiting.
12-14 weeks - final wait
  • stressing about results
  • nausea doesn't seem to stop, but then starting to by close to week 14.  crossing my finger
  • normal CVS result - thank you!
  • More boobs - I think I am getting bigger than last time.  I feel for those people who have large boobs all the time.  killer on the back
  • finally can tell people.  hard to hide this enormous bump I got going.
I am happy and just waiting for nausea to go away. 

- Lei

No comments: