Friday, April 18, 2008

False alarm!

I called my OB this morning since I thought I lost my mucous plug. After talking to the nurse, I realized it was a false alarm.

First, the mucous plug apparently is about a cups worth of thick mucous that blocks the cervix. Since I only lost less than a teaspoon, it just means the process for preparing for labor is starting but I am probably still 3 weeks away. I will probably lose the rest of it gradually over the next few weeks.

Since also it was clear and had no blood, this is completely on track for 37 weeks. Before I talked to them, I got anxious this morning thinking I have to do everything today or this weekend in case I have early labor. Now I am much more relaxed and looking forward to having at least 2-3 weeks before the actual event.

Now it's time for a nap. :-)

- Lei

No comments: