Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Beautiful Crib for our Baby

We love the crib we finally got for our baby, but it almost didn't happen.

I originally registered for a Simplicity crib at Target, only to find out a month ago that Simplicity was involved in the largest recall in history last year due to 3 infant deaths associated with their crib.

Wow, good thing I googled the brand before we bought that one. "Baby Bargain," a good book on what to buy based on safety and how to save cost also gave Simplicity a "F" rating.

You may ask "why did I register for that crib in the first place?" Well, it received 4.5 stars out of five on both Target and Amazon, so I thought what a great deal and good rating. I guess you cannot trust it fully. The crib was slightly differently from the one recalled, but still I don't want to take that chance with my baby. I learned my lesson to always google the brand as well and check on the Baby Bargain book.

Luckily we found out in time and decided on this one "April Crib" from Pali Design. Thanks to the generosity of Jaime's best friends and my parents for buying this crib for us as a shower gift. Thank you!!! We love it.
- It's made in Italy
- solid wood
- has an audible click sound on the drop rail so you know it's locked in place
- my dad and Jaime put it together 3 weeks ago when my parents were visiting
- matches perfectly with the rest of the room decor
- It's more pricey but in this case definitely worth every penny

We can't wait for our baby to try it out. The Wall hanging you see also fits perfectly. It was sent from Tita Yol, our great aunt, who is 85 years old. She sew it herself. It says "shh, baby lapena is sleeping..." so perfect.

Now our guest room really looks like the baby nursery... so much anticipation and excitement.. :-)

-Lei

No comments: