Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year Resolution

I always thought that if I didn't write down or tell someone my New Year Resolutions, it's like having an out and never committing to it. So here are mine

1. Relax and enjoy the journey of pregnancy and parenthood To do this, I give up being a perfectionist; I give up wanting to know everything to know about being a mom and how to take care of babies; I give up buying the perfect crib etc...; I give up controling the future.

It's a lot easier said than done. I am always amazed at how Jaime does this. This is part of the reason I love him so much. I am still learning so much from him about not fretting and using pattern interrupts to get out of downward spiral of worrying about things that hasn't happened. Wish me luck ;-)

2. Excercise and stretch 3 times a week
It's so easy to just sit or lie down for a long time as my tummy gets bigger, but really I feel the greatest when I regularly stretch and exercise. I bought a prenatal yoga DVD that I will do 1-2 a week and then I just started doing modified bikram yoga again once a week. I may do it twice if time and body permits.

Jaime went with me this week on Wed. Maybe we will make it a weekly Wed outing. What do you say honey?

3. Stay in touch with good friends
Major life changes seem to be the toughest on friendships. I guess it's a true test of friendship when you or your friends experience major changes in your lives. I hear you can lose a lot of friends when you have kids because some may no longer know how to relate to you and you cannot enjoy the same things anymore (clubbing vs. walking my daughter in the park in a stroller). It all make sense, but I think friendship is what you make of it. If two people make the effort, they can be friends no matter how different their life is and vice versa.

This will be an interesting time... I know I will make a significant effort to stay in touch with good friends. Besides, I can use a lot of babysitting help if I want to be superparent and have fun too... any takers? heehee

4. Become a "MxxF"
They say it takes 9 months to get back into your pre-pregnancy shape and that's if you are lucky. Most carry 10 - 15 pounds more forever. Of course, there are those lucky few that are smaller than before they are pregnant and have no stomach. I guess I just hope to get back into shape after 6 months..

-Lei

No comments: