Thursday, January 10, 2008

A great hubby :-)


This post will be a bit mushy and somewhat embarassing for Jaime, so consider yourself warned
This may be the hormones speaking or Jaime may be feeding me some love potion secretively. Either way, I am just very thankful what a great hubby he is to me. Also, he didn't actually pay me to say this (although honey, i accept checks, cash, and also non-monetary service payments :-))

In some ways, I didn't know what to expect of marriage. I was so focused on getting married that what comes after that is an open canvas. I guess that is a good thing - low expectation and high delivery.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying he is perfect. We are both far from being perfect. I know and he knows that Jaime can irritate me greatly and vice versa. Overall though, I am completely smittened.

Here is why... :-)


  • He makes me laugh almost everyday (even when we have a bad meal out)

  • He is super supportive of my career decisions and always helps me/us find balance and enjoyment of life

  • He always washes the dishes (no complaints, no reminders needed) - what a saint!

  • He will get up in the middle of the night and comfort me if I am suddenly sad or warms up my bean bag for my back if I am uncomfortable

  • He has been doing the laundry ever since I have been pregnant - so I don't get overstrained

  • He will refill my water in the morning as he knows I drink so much throughout the night

  • He is always cool when I want to go out with girlfriends and always ask me when he wants to go out with his guy friends.

  • He is content just hanging around the house and do things I can do - so I don't feel lonely

  • When I am being unreasonable with some hormone tantrums, somehow he understands and just stay quiet until it passes. It always does. I know I was wrong, but he does not point it out and just let it pass.

  • ...

Somebody pinch me. I can go on and on but I will stop here. I am just so happy to be married and expecting our first child. I know Jaime and I will continue to learn, grow, and laugh together :-)


- Lei

No comments: