Wednesday, January 23, 2008

20 pounds in counting

Not that I am really counting, but I have officially gained 20 pounds since I have been pregnant.

Is it too much? not sure, but at least I still look good :-) (I guess I don't have any self-esteem issues yet). This was taken last Sat when Jaime and I went out to one of his friends' birthday party at Butterfly.

It's the first time I went clubbing in 3 months I think. Thank god I was able to find something that fits me to wear. I must say I feel pretty lucky. From the front view, you can't really tell that I am even pregnant. That plus dark lighting helped in the club ;-) I always wanted to be one of those pregnant women that doesn't look it on the front or the back and just the side. Vain, I know but I gotta have some goals :-) At least in black I can still accomplish it.

Now imagine me at 30 pounds more. I can't. While most books say 35 pounds is the norm for how much you gain for the entire pregnancy, that's not the statistic I got from some new moms. It was more like 50-65 pounds. My nurse at the OB office was 115 pounds before she waspregnant and then was at 182 pounds when she gave birth. She looks like she is about 125 pounds now, so I guess she wasn't affected too much.

My husband's cousin gained 50 pounds for each of her 3 beautiful daughters. She looks great now only 7 months after giving birth to her last one. So I guess there is hope for me no matter how much weight I gain

At least I haven't been eating too much crappy snacks or dessert, mainly just a bit more salty food, a bit more carb than my normal diet, and ok a little more dessert. I usually don't like sweets but apparently my baby does. Panna Cotta is my new weakness. It's so good.

Well, I will keep you posted. So far so good :-)

- Lei

No comments: