Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is that my heart beat or my "bell pepper"?


I am now in my 19th week and according to BabyCenter's website, my baby is the size of a Bell Pepper right now.

My doctor told me a few weeks ago that I will probably start feeling the baby move soon. So what do I do - obsessively touch my stomach and try to feel movement of course. A few times last week, I thought I felt it, only to realize it's my own heart beat felt in my stomach through my hands.

But last Friday, after dinner, I was sitting in the car on the way home, when I felt a flutter, just one time, instead of the constant beat of my heart. I am pretty sure it's the baby. I was so exciting. I am growing a baby! I know it's not news anymore, but still so new to me and miraculous how the whole thing works.

Now before I go to bed and when I wake up, I spend sometime just feeling my stomach to see if I feel movement. I guess I am bonding with my baby. Morning are cool since now with my back on the bed, I have this small but firm bump on my stomach. I know I feel flutters at times. I hear that in a months or so, I may even see an elbow or feet through my stomach - so strange and cool.

- Lei

No comments: