Monday, December 12, 2011

pregnancy survival tips

Here are mine - although I don't plan to be preggie again.  Maybe it will help others.

  • eat small meals especially in 1st trimester. 
  • throw up if I feel nausea and then eat some more. It's okay.  nausea and throwing up just means my pregnancy is very healthy
  • tums and acid reducer
  • prenatal vitamins - just get over the counter or online - no need to overspend with OB prescription.  as long as it's mostly organic and has enough folic acid
  • unisom - 25mg - take half dose is enough - a life saver for helping me sleep in the last month - no side effects, perfectly safe and not addictive
  • tylenol for stretching pains
  • lots of water day and night to stay hydrated.  about 12 glasses a day of water and juice
  • Monistat 7 - safe to treat during preggie.  if you don't know what it is, don't ask
  • prunes  or fresh watermelon juice on an empty stomach does the trick
  • zero gravity cushion - Jaime got me these 6 years ago for xmas and I thought weird and bulky.  He got it for my back. OMG, I love it for this pregnancy.  perfect on our couch to take the pressure off my back
  • Dr. Pete - weekly neck adjustment - awesome for keeping me healthy and balanced
  • cardio at least once a week - help circulation and sleep.  was still working out last week.   probably not this last week as I don't want to deliver earlier than Thursday.
  • borrow preggie clothes from friends.
Well, enjoying my last few days before my little one comes.

Lei

No comments: