Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Moment in Time

It was Thursday evening Dec 8.  The moon was almost full, bright and smiling down at us.  The air was cool and crisp. We (Jaime, Agnes, Isabel, and I) were walking back from Fuzio after dinner.  It was only about 7:30.

As I walked across the 3rd floor bridge connecting Embarcadero I and the plaza leading to our apt, I paused to take a deep breath.  Everything just felt so peaceful.  I was content, happy for no apparent reason, but everything felt right, normal, and magical.   I felt my daughter moving inside me a little; I felt the bridge tremble from the passing traffic below; I see Isabel happily drinking orange juice from a small bottle and I see Agnes and Jaime walking a little ahead of me.

I don't know what it was, but I felt so in tuned with life and the world at that moment.  My senses could feel everything around me - gentle and flowing with me.  All I can do was smile to myself as I look at my family on a typical Thursday night.

Lei

No comments: