Friday, December 30, 2011

4 hours of sleep is heaven

While a new baby is such a miracle, she also brings many changes and challenges to our life right now.

- I haven't sleep much in 2 weeks and it looks like that will be the case for a few months. The most heavenly sleep is a 4 hr stretch one night as Alexis slept for 4.5 hours. Most of the time I get anywhere from 30 min to 2 hrs at a time. Maybe at most 6 hrs total in a few segments - the price I pay for breast feeding her instead of using formula. She is worth it. I love watching her eyelashes grow among other things.
- I eat 6 times a day and seem always dehydrated. Milk production is no easy task I guess. I am basically a milk making and delivery machine right now.
- Agnes helps me at night and daddy is sleeping with isabel now. Both changes also result in less sleep for them as we all adapt to the new arrangement. Isabel misses yaya but is getting better at sleeping with daddy now and vice versa.
- its so nice my mom is here to make me yummy soup and food. Will need to figure out what to eat after she leaves
- I am still taking pain medication for the c section. With isabel. It took 3 month to recover. I am hoping it will only take 6 weeks this time. Will see.
- it took me 18 months to lose most of my weight. Hope I can do it again.

Wish us luck.

No comments: