Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My dear Isabel

I know you don't understand me yet, my little Isabel, but mommy really wants to wish you a very merry first Christmas. Mommy has been dreaming about having you for many years now.

When Mommy was injured 4 years ago and the doctors said mommy cannot have a baby any time soon, I was so distraught and worried that i would never meet you. Luckily mommy recovered and also fell in love with daddy, so that we can have you with us now.

I remember meeting Emma, your second cousin, two years ago. She was so cute and I thought I wish I can have one just like her. Well, I got my wish and you turned out even more darling than I expected.

I really cannot believe that you are my daughter and I am your mommy, but I am so glad it's true. I cannot imagine life without you. It's hard for me even when I don't see you for just a few hours. I cannot believe how much joy you have brought me by just watching you grow. Your little laugh always warms my heart and your curiosity about everything inspires me to look at life more simply and with excitement too.

I hope we can always be as close as we are now. Mommy will always be there for you, no matter what. I hope for you a lifetime of experiences, adventure, love, and laughter. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year, my little one.

Love always,
your mommy... :-)

2 comments:

Em and Roy said...

Wow, that was so touching. Lovely letter to your daughter, sis. I found myself holding my bare belly with both hands as I read it. I can't wait to share the same sentiments with my own daughter in the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas,
Em

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I hope you save this for her 16th birthday.