Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas spirit is alive and well

After work yesterday I went to the ATM to withdrawal money. I put in my pin, touch the quick withdrawal button for $200 and got my card back.

Eight blocks later, I realized I forgot to take the money as I was texting at the same time like a bone head. Imagine how stupid I felt.

I called Wells Fargo immediately to see what I can do. Well, they said the money will be retracted back to the machine if its not taken but it will beep first to remind you to take the money. Oh great!

They said no need to go back to the ATM just check my acct tomorrow. If its retracted my acct will be recredited.

I checked next morning and well it showed the deduction. Ugh. Someone took it after me. 😢

I had one more hope. Someone told me it happened to them and another person actually took the money and returned it to the bank. Yeah right? But I thought it was worth a try.

So I went the branch next to that ATM to ask. Well after they made sure my story was legit they told me Someone did return the money and then handed me the $200. WOW! Thank you whoever you were

Lessons learned.
1. Don't multitask. None of us are good at it and we end up doing many things halfway. In this case it could have been very costly to me
2. Pay it forward. Help others by returning things we find. Creates good karma!!

Happy holidays ! We are all human and make mistakes. It's also nice to know there are more humans with a kind heart than not. 😃

Lei

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dawn Nielsen said...

That's incredible!!!! Wow what a story. No more texting and ATMing for you!

Dawn