Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Isabel's Dance Recital

On a happier note, Jaime and I took off from work early Friday afternoon so we can see Isabel's dance recital and she was soooo cute.  She was so excited as we bought her ballet slipper and she got to wear makeup for the recital. Personally I think the make up part is a little over the top.  I don't like the concept of the school pushing kids to grow up so fast.

With that said, she looked beautiful and like a real ballerina.  Agnes also put her hair up in a bun. She got the whole works.  Well, here are the videos.  What do you think?


The teacher told us "Isabel is very special" and listened very well for such a young kid.  I agreed with her although I wished she would have stopped there.  The teacher then kept me for another 5 min pushing me to get her into more classes at her school. When I kept saying no because it was too hard for us to get to, she kept pushing, telling me to check out her site and the award their school gets.

I know it's a good school, but I definitely didn't like the hard sales tactic. Frankly I still want Isabel to enjoy play and try different things like Dance, Karate, Soccer, swimming. I am not about to push her into serious ballet training. I am still waiting to see what Isabel will really gravitate toward. only time can tell. Right now, she just likes to wear her ballet slipper everyday. I plan to sign her up for the classes at DanceMission. We can get there easier by Bart - 24th and mission and the teachers seems to be more focused on promoting the love and fun of dancing which I like. we will see where this goes.

 Lei

No comments: