Saturday, May 10, 2008

And Now ... Introducing ..... (drum roll please). ....ME!

Don't tell my parents, but I was pretending to take a nap. I wanted to break away from them for a few minutes to introduce myself.

My name is Isabel Mei Lapena. My parents told me that I was brought into the world on May 2nd, 2008 at 10:13pm. I was 7 lbs, 5 ounces and 21 inches (whatever this all means). Mom said that I kept her in labor for 40 hours. Well, I had to wait in her stomach for nine months in that uncomfortable position so we're even. I guess that's why I couldn't wait and decided to come one week early.

Where did I get my name? Well, let's see.
  • Isabel is after Queen Isabella of Spain who sponsored the voyages of a guy named Christopher Columbus. They're supposed to be famous or something so one day I hope to meet both of them.
  • Mei translates to "a sparkling red gem" in Chinese in respect to half of my culture. It also represents my parents' birthstone: ruby. My parents also said that to make my grandma happy, they explained it as the first chinese letter in the word "rose" (the word "rose" in Chinese is "mei gui") and this represents my dad's mom's name (Rose Marie).
So, thus my name, Isabel Mei, but you can call me Mei Mei.

So anyway, that's all I have time for now. I hear my mom coming back and I'm getting hungry. I have to start my routine of waking up, crying, eating, going potty, and sleeping. It's tough being me in this new world. Don't tell anyone this, but I'm actually starting to like it with all of the attention. I think I already have my dad wrapped around my finger. 'Nuff for now. I'll be in touch soon.

- Isabel "Mei Mei" Lapena

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cutie you are - I bet you'll grow up to be one smart lady! Enjoy your life ahead of you, stop to smell the roses, and don't take shit from no one.