Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stitch Fix Sucks

Jaime gave a very generous gift certificate to try Stitch Fix - an online service that will send you clothes in the mail for a styling fee that can be used to cover cost of any purchase I make if I like the clothes.  The concept is great but after 3 tries so far, I have found them to suck on execution - poor quality control and bad customer service and pretty over-priced clothes.

Styling fee is $20 and all clothes are $48 and up to $88 for the cheapest options. More expensive option can go up to a few hundred dollars.   That's okay if the clothes were good but here were the issues
  1. Poor quality - My 3rd "fix" arrived and I like one of the pieces but it had black fuzz all over it.  I emailed to see if they can send me another one. They said they can't but said they will offer me a dry cleaning discount.  I had to ask again how much and they said $10 for this $48 piece.
  2. Bad customer service - I emailed back to tell them the fuzz probably won't come out with dry cleaning and I am going to return everything.  I also requested my $20 styling fee refunded.  They agreed.  I sent back the clothes and then nothing happened.  I had to email them a 3rd time to ask for the refund and then they did it.
  3. Bad to worse customer service - After thinking about it, I decided I really don't want to try any more "fixes," I rather get a check for the $80 credit I still left or have it refunded to Jaime's card.  and this is what they wrote me.  Hi Lei, Unfortunately we are unable to refund credits after they've already been purchased. Let us know if you would like us to cancel and deactivate your account and we will do so accordingly. Have a great weekend!"  I don't about you but this sounds like once you decide to try them, they will hold your money hostage. Worse, they will offer to cancel your account promptly so that they can just keep the money.  
I don't care how much more funding this company has gotten.  They are no BirchBox.  What is supposed to be a convenient, fun experience turned out to be time consuming and down right frustrating.  I have no other choice but to schedule another "fix" in order to spend the rest of my credit.  I don't recommend trying them.

Lei


 
____________________________________________________________________

Cell  - 415 225-3413 |  www.linkedin.com/in/leihan | @leihan @bemycareercoach
Websites www.bemycareercoach.com | 
www.rwomarketing.com | 
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/bemycareercoach - Support me by clicking LIKE on page
"Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare!"

No comments: