Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No woman is an island

I am learning that even more of this concept during pregnancy. The hormone side effects are making me obsess even more about things. I have daymares at time (imagine worst case scenarios while awake) and nightmares. Don't worry, it's under control and normal during pregnancy - just sucks when they happen.

Well, that's where my girlfriends come in. I am blessed with wise good friends who answer my calls early in the morning and late at night. And they know just what to say to me so that I see the absurdness of my own thoughts.

I was just obsessing too much this weekend and my girlfriends gave me the best advice
- don't replay what happened over and over and look into why and whose fault it is. any sadness, anger or fear is not productive
- focus should be shit happens and accept them as they are today. They are okay and I am okay. No need to change anything over night. You can't so don't try to do the impossible. Just be okay with bumps
- just try to stay calm and find my happy place. Start a Gratitude journal and share it
- figure out practical action to resolve anything in conflict over time.
- focus on the now and future. Even if things takes awhile to resolve, that's okay it's life and it's good news that I uncovered something that can be improved.
- people (espeically men) need positive feedback more than negative ones if you want to see change.

It was so what I needed to hear to realize my energy was wasted on things that doesn't help and keeping me from being calm or rested. A wave of calm is filling me now making me communicate gently and with compassion for myself and others. I woke up smiling today and so thankful for the incredible friends that I have in my life.

Lei

No comments: