Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Two different worlds

China and US - both are my worlds full of love and fond memories. My trip to china brought me tears and laughter, joy and love, as well as many shopping loot .

I am so fortunate to have such a loving family - I always feel like a kid when I go home to china, as if I am only 20 and everyone is still young. Everyone tries to take care of me in their own way.

I miss my grandma who passed 2 weeks before my wedding 3 years ago. I like to think she is in a better place and wanted to see me and bless me on my wedding day from above.
My aunts and uncles looks quite healthy even in their sixties. They cleans the house everyday, shops for breakfast, cook, go work out and visits each other. As much as I love my life in sf, I miss the familiar feeling I feel when I visit them. They are so caring without judging, they welcome me with open arms and only wishes for me to be happy and come back when I can. Like I said, I am very lucky!

My trip to kunming and lijiang was nice - a chance to connect with my older cousin, she is like my older sister. I love her and miss her already. It was also a chance for me to avoid the stifling heat in tianjin. Yunnan is known for forever spring weather - still more humid than sf. I think I won't complain about sf weather anymore. We are lucky it's always so comfy.

My two worlds are vastly different. and instead of feeling torn, all I feel is joy that I can still be part of both.

Lei

No comments: