Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Home sick

I know I am back home in SF, where I belong with Jaime and Isabel. I cannot help being home sick though for China. I have a big extended family there and I was surrounded by activities. It's probably because I was visiting and I was on vacation as usually life there is probably pretty simple and quiet.

I guess I just missed the feeling of close family. Being an only child with my parents in Houston, I am used to being far away, but when I do get a dose of family like this, it's addictive. I am sure if I had it everyday, I would not be used to it.

It's always a balance. This must mean my trip was the perfect length - enough to visit to all family, not too long away from Isabel, and leaving me with only fond memories and strong feeling of closeness to my far-away relatives :-)

Lei

No comments: