Monday, July 6, 2009

Isabel's first words

You would think it would be mama or dada. Well, she definitely have said those words, although I don't think she knows what they mean. Now that she is 14 months old, she is beginning to articulate words where she knows the meaning.

Her first word is (drum roll please!) "Hieee." In the morning, when I wake up, she would run to me and say "Hieee." When I come back from work, she would run to me, wrap her arms around my leg and say "Hieee." When we are out and she sees another baby or toddler close to her age, she would smile say "Hieee." A very social baby!

Other than that, she also learned to shake her head to mean "I don't want." We are still trying to teach her mama and dada, although it's ok she hasn't learned it. She is smart. Imagine when she learns it and she can scream it out when she is unhappy or want something and it will be much harder to ignore her.

It's so fun to watch her learn all this.

- Lei

No comments: