Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Benefit of One-sies

One-sies are these jumpsuit looking tops for babies that clip around the diaper like a loose leotard. I always wondered why there are so many one-sies designed for babies, even for kids older than 1 years old. Well, I found my answer yesterday.

Isabel just had some solid food for lunch. She was wearing a cute brown top and a pair of white shorts. The top is not an one-sie (not tied under the diaper) and just simply falls over the shorts. It was a warm day, so this seems like the perfect outfit for Isabel to stay cool.

As usual she was walking around everywhere and playing, while we all got ready to go out with Jaime's parents for Father's day brunch. As I was coming out of the bedroom, she was in the hallway and I saw something fall from her finger to the carpet. Since she just ate, I thought perhaps some food dropped on her clothes and she picked it up with her finger.

I picked it off the carpet and put it close to my mouth to smell it. I guess it's instinctual for humans to smell their food. Well, it was NOT food. She is now almost 14 months old and her arm is long enough to reach, I guess. Because she pooped and it was itching her. So she reached into the back of her shorts to scratch and picked out some poop, which is what I saw drop to the carpet. Oh, the joy of motherhood.

The funny thing is I wasn't grossed out at all. I just started to laugh my head off. To think, it was so close to my mouth. I guess this is what happens to moms. Her poop is just an every day affair. It just reached a new level yesterday.

Moral of the story - now I know why one-sies are so useful. It can prevent your kid from picking poop out of their diapers. Lessons learned!

- Lei

No comments: