Thursday, September 11, 2008

How old am I?

How old do you think I am here? I ask this question because there was so much discussion regarding the age of the Chinese female gymnasts. I don't know for sure whether China faked their ages or not; however, I resent the argument that Americans thinks our gymnasts look underage.

I don't think most Americans have any idea how old a 16 year old Chinese Gymnast would look. Asians in general develop late and we look young (good genes). I remember being mistaken for a 14 years old at 16; while some 16 year old Caucasians could possibly pass for a 18 year old.

On top of that, Gymnasts, due to their rigorous athlete training probably develop even later. I hear most gymnasts get their menstrual cycle much later given how tough their training is every day. That would make any girl look even younger.

Well, my 2 cents. :-)

- Lei

No comments: