Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am sleeping 7+ hrs finally!

You may think, wait a minute, didn't you say your baby has been sleeping 11 hours a night? What's the big deal in sleeping 7+ hours?

For me, it is a big deal to sleep 7+ hour straight through, because even when Isabel sleeps more, I usually have to get up to pump. Before, I would have to get up after 5 or 6 hours because I get so engorged. Then after pumping and washing everything (which can take 30+ min), I may not be able to sleep anymore until later.

I have basically done that now for almost 12 weeks. Even if I get a total of 8 or 9 hours of sleep a day, it may take 3 different sleep times which is very different from sleeping straight through. I guess it's because I never get to the deep sleep I need to fully feel rested.

Only in the latter of last week and some of this week, I have been able to sleep 7.5 hours without getting up. I feel so different after that: 1. I realize just how tired I used to be when I slept less and more fragmented, 2. I feel physically much stronger since I am getting better quality sleep.

Things are finally looking up and I am on my road to full recovery soon :-)

- Lei

No comments: