Sunday, January 13, 2019

My fastest hot chocolate run

It's our fifth year running this 15k. I was not thinking of beating my fastest time as the only year I really trained for it was year 1 in 2015. I finished in under 99minutes.

Well, I finished today in under 90 minutes or avg 9:39 min per mile. I surprised myself. Here is my secret - not really but kind of funny
1. Don't train for the run but do cross train 3-4 times a week with other workouts
2. Make sure I drank a bit of alcohol and sleep late. I had a glass of wine and about 6 hours of sleep
3. Bought new running shoes 10 days ago and gambled it will not give me blisters. I do love new balance shoes.
4. Stress - I think this is probably the main reason I was running so fast. I am experiencing a bit of stress at work to ramp up on a big role. That stress probably needed this outlet in my body
5. Egg McMuffin with sausage and coffee - our breakfast before run at 8:10 am.

No comments: