Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lei's first flashmob dance - Feb 14, 2013

As part of my new year resolution to make 2013 about experiences, I participated in a Flashmob for the first time on Feb 14 2013 and again on March 8, 2014.  A Flashmob is a phenomenon where a group of people agree to meet at a public place and break into a dance for a cause or to celebrate something.

I participated in 1 Billion Rising - a cause to stand up against violence against women and girls.  Did you know 1 in 3 woman in the world will experience some level of abuse in their life time?  that's appalling.  On Feb 14, 2013, the mayor declared it a day to stand up against violence against women and i showed up along with 1000 other people to do the flashmob dance.  It was inspiring and quite fun.  Here is the video.

My next flashmob will probably be a zumba one since I love Zumba.  :-)

Lei

No comments: