Friday, January 1, 2010

My dear Isabel - Happy New Year


Meimei,

This is your second new year.  Mommy is so proud of what a good little girl you have become.  You learned to play with your cousin Gabby, giving her hugs and sharing your toys.  You are learning new words, some faster than others, like "cookie." You got through surgery so bravely and healing so well.

Your every expression and smile warms my heart and I can't believe I am so lucky to be your mom.  Every parent think their child is the cutest.  Sometimes I just can't believe how cute and adorable you are.

I can't wait to guide you through all the amazing things life have to offer.  I am also learning to enjoy every moment the way you do, without worry about the past or the future.  It's now a new decade.  This decade will bring many changes for you.  You will be 11 years old by the end of this decade.  Wow.  I can't even imagine it and I also don't want to get ahead of myself.  I want to enjoy the present and your every new next development.

I can't wait to share 2010 with you.  Many hugs and kisses and love,

- Mom
p.s. I still can't believe I am a mom.  when I sign my name Mom, I actually think of my mom instead, but now I am a mom and it's a wonderful journey

No comments: