Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am proud to be

an American! I can't believe I am even saying it. Don't get me wrong. I am also proud to be Chinese, but yesterday for the first time, I am proud to be an American to witness the ultimate American dream - our first black president.

Not only does this symbolize that anything can truly happen in America, but also, for the first time I was inspiring by our President elect. I don't actually care what color he is. What I care about is he is direct, personable, gracious, inspiring, and action oriented.

Jaime and I even went to a celebration rally in Oakland because of the excitement in the air. It was great to be there and watch history in the making. To my surprised, I was for the first time moved by a political speech. I thought I was watching a movie because the only time I have ever been moved by a President was ones played in movies like Dave or American President.

You can feel the hope and inspiration in the air after Obama's speech. For the first time, so many people who have been apathetic about politics, like Jaime and I and many of our friends, were glued to the TV for the debates and the voting results. It's time for a change and I am so glad we finally will have a president that is eloquent and inspiring and will make us proud to be Americans.

- Lei

No comments: